Saturday, August 1, 2009

Stadium #18 - Progressive Field

Stadium # 18 - Progressive Field
(or as it is known to the natives - Jacobs Field)
August 1, 2009
Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland Indians



Walking to Jacob's Field
A view from the side. Just like PNC Park it's too big and in downtown to get a whole picture.
Gate C
Outside Jacob's Field
There are 4 entrances at Jacob's Field and we walked around to them all. This is the front with a HUGE sign.
Gate A
Dad and I outside gate a with the stadium

I love posing with statues!


Banners around the field



Our first look at the field
The GIMORMOUS scoreboard. It is way too big for it's own good!
Left field wall
The view from center field.


The bullpen.
They face homeplate allowing more seating for fans. And they have 3 homeplates and pitching mounds...?


Jacob's Field and PNC Park have very similar structures. They both have a great view of their cities. Except here in Cleveland a lot of the view is blocked by the too big scoreboard.
See...Do we really need all those advertisements??
The dugouts

Behind the plate


I have a lot more to add, but it's 12:45 am here on the east coast. I need my beauty sleep. Check back later for more about Cleveland...trust me you want to!!!!! :0)

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I really enjoyed reading it. I especially enjoyed the photos the documented your walk to the ballpark.
    Just announced today, our big changes to the stadium including gate C entrance, an area that you show rather prominently in your photos.
    I believe they are going to attempt to radically improve the views from the street of the ballpark through the gate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once these changes are in place, perhaps as soon as the 2015 season, I hope you will entertain a return trip to our fair city

    ReplyDelete