Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 3 of Road Trip #2

Day 3

This was a very adventurous day (especially for me!!) Good news: I survived. Bad news: My first experience with New York was not positive.

We checked out of our hotel and headed for the train/bus station.
South Station (Home of the train, subway, and bus stations!)

At South Station

Inside the train station. Side note: How kids run away to train stations in the movies and know where to go, when, and how is beyond me!

The Bus Terminal


We found our bus.

It was a $15 ride from Chinatown in Boston to Chinatown in New York. What a great deal! And as my dad kept repeating to any (and EVERY) one who would talk to him, "Where else can you travel from Boston to New York for $15!!!" :)

On the bus



Good bye Boston!!! It's been fun and I'll be back!


Because we were on a bus, we were exempt from the tolls!! Here's the Mass. Turnpike Toll $1.25.

Some views of Boston on our way to New York.



It's blurring because I was on the other side of the bus, but it says "Connecticut welcomes you"

It's hard to take pictures in a bus. Here's the only one of Connecticut.

Of course while on our way it started raining!!!

WELCOME TO NEW YORK!!

A couple of rainy views of New York.



We got off the bus in Chinatown in New York. It was dry, but about 4 minutes later the sky opened up and let it all out!!! It was POURING!!! This is a view down the street with all the people and umbrellas.


And now, my first experience with the New York Subway.

Trying to figure out why the stupid machine won't take my money!!

Trying to figure out where we are and where we are going!

Grand Central Station

My "Get me off the subway and in traffic on the freeway" look!


It might have been a better experience if, 1)it wasn't raining, 2)I didn't have my 37 pound suitcase and other bag, plus my purse!, and 3)we knew where we were going.
It took some time, but we finally made it to the hotel. Just in time to get ready to go to the game!!!

GO NEW YORK METS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment