Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It Started With an Idea!

My first free summer in at least 8 years, I was going to make the best of it!! I had the great idea of visiting all 30 Major League Baseball stadiums. I still don't know how I came up with this idea, but I am glad I did!! I called my dad to see if he would be able to go with me, since he is retired and has the time. He is but not the whole trip. So I decided to break the trip into 2 journeys. I asked my friend, Julia, if she'd be interested in joining me on this crazy idea journey. She would!! =o) So we were ready to start the planning.

I bought a US map and marked all the ball parks on it. Then I charted (that's the teacher in me!) all the home games for all the teams. Then I plotted out the best route to drive and hit as many stadiums as possible, keeping in mind that the teams needed to be at home. This was a very difficult task, but finally I managed to plan all 30 teams. Then dad said he couldn't be gone that lone, so I had no narrow down my goal of 30 to 22.

So here's my agenda:
June 18-July 8 Julia and I will be hitting the road going to 12 baseball stadiums and covering 6,000 miles!
July 27-August 10 Dad and I will be flying to the east coast then renting a car to go to 8 stadiums.

I am very excited about this journey and hope you all follow along with me. I will be updating often and posting pictures!!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Looking forward to following your adventures. I'm posting about your site on http://www.tickettothegame.com

    Will you be coming to Atlanta? that's only a few hours away for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. help! we are going to start a similar journey - although over a period of years (not all one summer!) I wanted to know..is there one souvenir you tried to get at each park? we are thinking we want to take the same picture pose in each park, and maybe buy the same thing in each park? Any suggestions? Thanks.!

    ReplyDelete