Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stadium #5 Chase Field

Stadium #5 Chase Field
June 23, 2009
Texas Rangers v. Arizona Diamondbacks


I was in absolute awe of this place!!! It is just amazing! I am still in amazement over it! =) When I poked my head out to see the field, I froze (after my jaw dropped!) and just stared!! You'll see! I think Chase field is really cool because it has a retractable roof! It does get a little warm in AZ, so they made a field that has a roof that opens up on nice days, or is closed with the AC blasting on those 100*+ weather days.

Chase Field is pretty big and nestled downtown, so I wasn't able to get a picture of the whole thing, but this is a great view from our walk up.

Like all the places we've been to already, the D'backs also have flags and banners around the field.


Aunt Sophie decided to join us at the game, so we went to get her ticket. This is a shot of ticket sales and will call. It's pretty neat because it also has the schedule listed on the wall above the windows.

This is the nice guy who put up with our craziness of trying to get Sophie's seat as close to ours as possible! He was nice! =)

Outside Chase Field there is a lot happening. There is a bar with an outside area of drinking with lots of loud music! There is a close figure of baseball bats holding up the Chase sign. So of course I got a picture with that!

And don't forget the outside stadium picture with me!

Unlike AT&T Park, but similar to Dodger Stadium, Chase Field has rules about how to get into the park. You have to go to the area where your seats are. Here's the signs guiding you.

Okay, we have finally made it inside!! =) Straight to the store so I can get my pin and take that traditional home team hat picture!


The Diamondbacks logo was everywhere!

It was time to find our seats and see the stadium! I want to warn you that these pictures show wonderful images of Chase Field, but do not do them justice! You have to go here to truly appreciate it!
The whole field

Right Field Line

The Scoreboard

Left Field Line

Top of the Dugout

The retractable roof - It's open today (97* isn't hot enough to close it I guess!)



Julia and I enjoying the nice weather, gorgeous stadium, cold beer, while waiting for the game to start.

In center field there is a swimming pool! I'm not sure how you can get tickets there, but it sure did look cool and fun! And when the D'backs hit a homerun the water shoots up! =)


Views from around the stadium
The out of town scores

The World Champions! My camera died before I could take the National League Champions side, but it listed the years they won.

The strike out meter. It keeps track of how many strike outs the home team pitcher has.

The line up for the teams playing.

I also enjoyed this scoreboard (although Anaheim is still my favorite!) Here's a view of it. And in one corner they had a baseball terms glossary to educate people on what some of the acronyms of baseball are. Julia used this to help her study for the final in 2 weeks!! Heehee!! =)


The D'backs have a deal with Taco Bell. If they are able to score 6 runs in a game, ANYone (not just people who went to the game) can go to Taco Bell and get 3 crunchy tacos for just the purchase of a large drink!! All you to do is say you want the D'backs special, buy a large drink and you get 3 free tacos!! Pretty cool, except that you have to go between specific times. The game we went to they scored more than 6 runs, so we had the opportunity to get our tacos. Unfortunately, we were already 1/2 way through New Mexico to Texas during our time, but oh well. I don't really need tacos anyway!

An early evening picture when the sun was setting! What a gorgeous view to see while watching a baseball game!


Final Score
Texas Rangers - 3
Arizona Diamondbacks - 6
The home team won again! So far, it's just the Padres that lost...

The final picture before my camera died...Julia, me, and Aunt Sophie! We had a great time!

I LOVE this place!! =) It was absolutely amazing!! I can't wait to come back again one day!
Tomorrow we are off to Texas! Wish us luck, it's a loooooong drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment