Friday, June 19, 2009

Stadium #2 Dodger Stadium

Stadium #2 Dodger Stadium
June 18, 2009
Oakland A's v. Los Angeles Dodgers



Okay, here we are in LA and they certainly are proud of their blue. We hit traffic heading to the stadium (of course we did, it's LA), but even traffic just waiting to park in the parking lot. We drove up a huge mountain and it was beautiful scenery.






Then once we actually got into the parking lot, it was CROWDED!! Plus we were even late (due to navigation to LA!) the game had already started. But as I learned it is fashionable to show up late and leave early at Dodgers games.

The view when we first drove to the top of the hill at the parking entrance:


More traffic parking with Downtown LA in the background:



Dodger Stadium

A view from the Top Deck (where we were supposed to be sitting!)


One of Cat's (Julia's cousin) co-workers got us tickets at the orange seat level. They were awesome! We were right there!! This stadium is pretty nice considering how old it is. The seats at each level have their own color (blue, red, orange, and yellow). They also throw beach balls around. It's kind of a game to keep them away from the ushers. Also, if you hit out of the area on purpose you are booed at!
The view from where we really sat


Similar to the Hollywood sign, they have a "Think blue" sign...Like I already said, these fans are WAY into their blue!


Strange people are everywhere! We saw people peeing on the sidewalk in broad daylight, people running in and out of traffic selling Dodger wear, and his lady eating her popcorn with chopsticks!


Julia and I at the game...Me in pink because I REFUSE to wear blue...Even though I'm at the Dodger stadium, I am still a Giants fan and CAN NOT go blue! ;)


Kevin, who took the train up from San Deigo, Julia, me, and Cat (Julia's cousin).


Here's the boys in blue!


It was great weather at the game. I normally wear a sweatshirt right away in SF. But I didn't put my sweatshirt on until the 7th inning! It was nice. =) We even sang the "Baseball song 2 times here!) Here's after the Doyer (heehee!) game. The Dodgers win!


I am still trying to post the video of the wave here, but it's not working. I'll figure it out and add it later.

The closest I'll be to wearing Dodger blue...

Okay so I lied...


After a fun game of watching the A's give the Dodgers a run for their money, yummy nachos, and frozen lemonade we were ready to sit in more LA traffic for the trip home.
Here are some views from night


Kevin and I under the "Think blue" sign

Downtown LA

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your posts. Keep em coming. Any way to know your itinerary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As requested! :)

    Thurs. 6/18 See LA Dodgers

    Fri., 6/19 See Anaheim Angels

    Sat., 6/20 See San Diego Padres

    Tues., 6/23 See Arizona Diamondbacks

    Thurs., 6/25 See Houston Astros

    Fri., 6/26 See Texas Rangers

    Mon., 6/29 See Kansas City Royals

    Tues., 6/30 See St. Louis Cardinals

    Wed., 7/1 See Milwaukee Brewers

    Thurs., 7/2 See Chicago Cubs

    Sat., 7/4 See Colorado Rockies

    Mon., 7/6 See Seattle Mariners

    ReplyDelete